Paul J. Fitzer’s practice emphasizes litigation in areas of criminal prosecution, local government, land use, and employment law. In his municipal and local government practice, Mr. Fitzer represents several cities, counties, and districts across the State of Idaho in litigation, land use, employment, municipal finance, and general counsel matters. Mr. Fitzer also represents private individuals and corporations in both the transactional and litigation arenas. He routinely teaches classes/seminars in land use law and municipal finance for the National Business Institute, Idaho Municipal Attorney’s Association, and various local chapters of the Idaho State Bar.
Mr. Fitzer graduated from Southern Methodist University School of Law with an emphasis in Environmental Law in 1997. After graduating from law school, Mr. Fitzer joined the City Attorney’s Office for the City of Boise representing the Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council in various areas including civil and criminal litigation, land use law, and employment law.
Paul has two beautiful daughters, Katherine Rose and Elizabeth Alice. When not chasing around tottlers, Mr. Fitzer is an avid triathlete competing at multiple levels of triathlon including the Ironman Triathlon.
Current Employment Position(s): Shareholder
Year Joined Organization: 2006
Areas Of Practice:
- Criminal Prosecution
- Civil Litigation
- Land Use
- Municipal Law
- Employment Corporate
- Idaho, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Idaho, 1998
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 1997, J.D.
- Honors: Law Review State University of New York, Brockport, New York, 1993 B.S. – Honors: Majors in Communications (Cum Laude) and Philosophy (Summa Cum Laude)
- United States Marine Corps Officer Candidate School, 1989
Past Employment Positions:
- Foley, Freeman, Borton & Stern, Meridian
- Boise City Attorney’s Office, Boise
- Environmental Protection Agency, Dallas Texas
- East Coast Hockey League, Professional
- Ice Hockey Official
Birth Information: December 22, 1970 Queens, New York